Americans with basic cell phones are a dwindling breed…
A recent Nielsen report estimates that two-thirds of Americans (65%) now own a smartphone of some kind. In 2013, every major demographic group experienced year-to-year growth in smartphone ownership. Meanwhile, consumer PC sales have declined. Many households today are opting for smartphones and tablets over a home computer.
SMARTProfessional, February 2014
An ‘in your pocket’ solution for school to parent communication…
The clear and timely sharing of information between schools and their families is vital for efficient and cohesive education. By improving school to parent communication, our mobile apps have a host of benefits for both parties.
- Removes the financial and environmental cost of paper newsletters.
- Notes are communicated securely by school staff to the parent via our mobile app, removing frustrations of notes being returned late or not at all.
- Frees up the time of school staff by reducing phone calls with repetitive and often unnecessary questions
- Helps support and sustain relationships with parents.
- Provides parents with an easy way to know what is going on.
- Ensures parents always receive notes.
- Reminds busy parents about upcoming school events.
- Informs parents when events are rained out, avoiding frustration.
App usage is exploding
According to Flurry, a leading mobile app tracking firm, overall app usage grew 115% in 2013 and that trend is expected to continue. The study found that the fastest growing categories for app usage are Messaging, Social, Productivity and Utilities. This puts mobile apps at the forefront of how people are using their smartphones for their communication and daily needs.