At GatewaySchoolApps.com, a division of iOS Maui, LLC (referred to as “Company,” “us” or “we”), we recognize that your privacy is important. This Policy discloses the privacy practices for the Company’s websites, gatewayschoolapps.com, gatewayapps.com and iosmaui.com (the “Site”), as well as related products and services we may offer to you (collectively referred to as the “Services”). This Policy also covers how personal and other information that we receive or collect about you is treated. Please read the information below to learn the following regarding your use of this Site.
(a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and
(b) agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or as provided in Section 9 below.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
We pledge to carry out responsible stewardship and appropriate use of student personal information gathered in our role as school service providers according to the commitments below and in adherence to all laws applicable to us as school service providers.
We Commit To:
- Not collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Not sell student personal information.
- Not use or disclose student information collected through an educational/school service (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Not build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Not make material changes to school service provider consumer privacy policies without first providing prominent notice to the account holder(s) (i.e., the educational institution/agency, or the parent/student when the information is collected directly from the student with student/parent consent) and allowing them choices before data is used in any manner inconsistent with terms they were initially provided; and not make material changes to other policies or practices governing the use of student personal information that are inconsistent with contractual requirements.
- Not knowingly retain student personal information beyond the time period required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Our Websites and all Applications promulgated through it, are not directed to or should be available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any kind of personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we become aware of such data collection, we will immediately delete such data. If any parent or guardian learns or otherwise becomes aware of a child under 13 years of age using the Platform or otherwise providing personal information, please contact us.
1. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”):
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Examples of PII may include your first and last name, company name, postal address, and email address. PII does not include any information which you provide regarding third parties, such as students, while using the Services.
When you engage in certain activities on this Site, such as registering for an account, submitting orders for our products and/or our services, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain PII.
We do reserve the right to:
- Collect, use, share and retain student personal information only for purposes for which we were authorized by the educational institution/agency, teacher or the parent/student.
- Disclose clearly in contracts or privacy policies, including in a manner easy for parents and teachers to understand, what types of student personal information we collect, if any, and the purposes for which the information we maintain is used or shared with third parties.
- Maintain a comprehensive security program that is reasonably designed to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of student personal information against risks – such as unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure – through the use of administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Require that our vendors with whom student personal information is shared in order to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for the given student personal information.
- Allow a successor entity to maintain the student personal information, in the case of our merger or acquisition by another entity, provided the successor entity is subject to these same commitments for the previously collected student personal information.
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site and what other sites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the site you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Site, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
2. How We Collect and Use Information
We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain services available on the Site.
These may include:
(a) registering for an account on our Site;
(b) submitting product orders through the Site; or
(c) submitting an email to us.
We do not use information which you provide about third parties, such as students, for any marketing or promotional purposes or share this information with others.
We may also collect certain Aggregate Information. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Site and to gather demographic information.
3. Release of Information
We will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our products or services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Aggregate Information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
4. Third Party Privacy
5. Updating and Correcting Information
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the PII that you have provided to us. You may change any of your PII in your account online at any time by logging into your account. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by emailing us at email@example.com
Please include your name and email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
6. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
You have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
7. Security of Your PII
At our Site you can be assured that your PII is secure as we strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII. For example:
- We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We use PII only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Site.
- Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by encryption, and our servers reside behind firewalls and password protection.
- Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
If you are under the age of 18, you may not place orders for products or services on this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose PII about minor visitors. We strongly recommend that you obtain consent from a parent or guardian of a minor before using the Services to upload or track information about a minor. By using this Site or the Services, you agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the Services as laid out in the Terms of Service (http://www.gatewayschoolapps.com/terms).
9. Contact Us
- Some school service providers may be subject to additional legal obligations, contractual commitments, or requests from educational institutions or parents/students that direct or otherwise authorize additional uses of student data, other than those specified above.
- Nothing in this pledge is intended to prohibit the use of student personal information for authorized purposes of adaptive learning or customized education.
- This pledge is intended to be applicable to new contracts and policies going forward and addressed – where inconsistent and as agreed to by the educational institution/agency – in existing contracts as updated over time.
This pledge shall be effective as of January 1, 2017.
‘School service provider’ refers to any entity that:
(1) is providing, and is operating in its capacity as a provider of, an online or mobile application, online service or website that is both designed and marketed for use in United States elementary and secondary educational institutions/ agencies and is used at the direction of their teachers or other employees; and
(2) collects, maintains or uses student personal information in digital/electronic format. The term ‘school service provider’ does not include an entity that is providing, and that is operating in its capacity as a provider of, general audience software, applications, services or websites not designed and marketed for schools.
- ‘Educational/School purposes’ are services or functions that customarily take place at the direction of the educational institution/agency or their teacher/employee, for which the institutions or agency would otherwise use its own employees, and that aid in the administration or improvement of educational and school activities (e.g., instruction, administration, and development and improvement of products/services intended for educational/school use).
- ‘Student personal information’ is personally identifiable information as well as other information when it is both collected and maintained on an individual level and is linked to personally identifiable information.
- ‘Student’ applies to students of United States elementary and secondary schools, and with regard to notice and consent applies only to students of appropriate age as authorized under relevant United States federal law.
- ‘Consumer privacy policies’ include those privacy policies that are posted by the company to be available to all users to the site or service.
- ‘Parent’ includes a student’s legal guardian.